If you would like to support the Seraphic Mass Association’s mission of helping Capuchin missionaries reach the remotest parts of the world spreading the Gospel and reaching out to the poorest of the poor, consider the giving options below. Many options have financial and personal benefits for you.
Recommend a grant from your donor-advised fund
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give to the Seraphic Mass Association to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute and support Capuchin missionaries who labor in the most challenging circumstances.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support the Seraphic Mass Association’s mission. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to the Seraphic Mass Association. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of supporting Capuchin missionaries around the world. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $105,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $210,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $53,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Seraphic Mass Association.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the Seraphic Mass Association so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Seraphic Mass Association, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
The Impact of Your Giving
could help save the Capuchin Children's Centre in Tanzania.
The Capuchin Children's Centre is a life-changing center for children born with physical deformities. It is in danger of closing without your support.
could create a lasting legacy.
A legacy gift of this size could establish your personal legacy of supporting a project in the missions...advancing the work of Capuchin missionaries as they serve among the poor and forgotten.
could help sustain our mission on a monthly basis.
Ongoing support at this level could provide vital ongoing funding to sustain Capuchin missionaries in their day-to-day ministry to help the people they serve.